Use Maps in Samsung Galaxy S4 to pinpoint the location of the device, search for places, or get directions.
Tap Maps on the Applications screen.
- This application may not be available depending on the region or service provider.
Searching for locations
Tap , enter an address, and then tap . Select a location to view the detailed location information. To search for nearby locations, tap .
Once the location is found, tap and use one of the following functions:
- Clear Map: Clear the map.
- Make available offline: Save the map of a specified area to view it offline.
- Directions: Get directions for the location.
- Layers: Overlay multiple layers including satellite images, traffic information, and more.
- Settings: Change the map settings.
- Help: View information about using the map. To view current location, tap .
Getting directions for a destination
1. Tap .
2. Tap , and then select a method to enter starting and ending locations:
- My current location: Use current location for starting location.
- Contacts: Select from the contacts list.
- Point on map: Pinpoint by tapping on the map.
- My Places: Select from the list of favourite places.
3. Select a travel method, such as driving, public transit, or walking, and then tap GET DIRECTIONS.
4. Select one of the routes that appear, and then tap MAP VIEW to view details.