Use Messaging in your Galaxy S4 to send text messages (SMS) or multimedia messages (MMS).
Tap Messaging on the Applications screen to start.
You may incur additional charges for sending or receiving messages while you are outside your home service area. For details, contact your service provider.
Sending messages on Galaxy S4
Tap , add recipients, enter a message, and then tap . Use the following methods to add recipients:
- Enter a phone number.
- Tap , select contacts, and then tap Done.
Use the following methods to make a multimedia message:
- Tap and attach images, videos, contacts, memos, events, and others.
- Tap → Add subject to enter a subject.
Sending scheduled text messages on Galaxy S4
While composing a message, tap → Scheduled message. Set a time and date, and then tap OK. The device will send the message at the specified time and date.
- If the device is turned off at the scheduled time, is not connected to the network, or the network is unstable, the message will not be sent.
- This feature is based on the time and date set on the device. The time and date may be incorrect if you move across time zones and the network does not update the information.
Translating and sending text messages on Galaxy S4
To use the translating feature, while composing a message, tap → Translate, drag the Translate switch to the right, set a language pair, and then tap OK.
Tap to translate the message, and then tap Done. The translated message will replace the message of the source language.
Viewing incoming text messages on Galaxy S4
Incoming messages are grouped into message threads by contact. Select a contact to view the person’s message.
Listening to a voice message on Galaxy S4
Tap and hold 1 on the keypad, and then follow the instructions from your service provider.